Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Early Bird block finished!

Last night, I finally finished my first block for the Early Bird/Kitchen Window quilt:

My first block ever!

I was really happy with how it turned out, though I'm quickly learning the importance of precision, especially since I don't have a 1/4" foot for my machine. I only had to break out the seam ripper once for a very small piece, so I was pretty happy with that.

I also realized I never announced my solids. I chose Kona Espresso for the window trimming and Kona Old Green (weird name) for the "neutral" sashing.
(Reminder of what the quilt looks like)
I haven't yet cut the green sashing pieces because I'm still a bit hesitant about the color, fearing it's not neutral enough. I considered a cream, but I was afraid it would be too washed out. I think I'm going to get all my blocks done first and then revisit the sashing color. Thoughts?
Just 11 more blocks to go...

1 comment:

  1. I have been wanting to make this quilt too, but I can't decide which fabric to use! I love the Early Bird fabrics...good choice!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)